Redditch Road and Path Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Redditch Road and Path Cycling Club

RR&PCC Forum

HomeHome  RRPCC HomeRRPCC Home  Slipstreamers HomeSlipstreamers Home  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stouport Circuit Races

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Stouport Circuit Races Empty
PostSubject: Stouport Circuit Races   Stouport Circuit Races EmptySun 10 Jul - 3:05

Hi all,

Just a quick reminder – the first of the new events that we set up down at Stourport is next Tuesday 12th July. Worcester St Johns are the club promoting this one. Remind your club members whilst you are out riding this weekend and let’s make sure we give all these upcoming races our support.

Have a great weekend and I hope to see you down at the circuit next week.

Kind regards,

Keith Evans
Regional Events Officer: West Midlands
British Cycling, National Cycling Centre, Stuart Street, Manchester, M11 4DQ
Telephone: +44 (0)161 274 2000 | Mobile: +44 (0)7940 302073 | britishcycling.org.uk
Back to top Go down

Stouport Circuit Races Empty
PostSubject: Up date from Keith (BC) on last night's Circuit race   Stouport Circuit Races EmptyThu 14 Jul - 1:44

Just wanted to give everyone some feedback on last night’s race at Stourport circuit, as it was the first one of the new races that we have got going there this year. The weather was kind and we had a great turnout. We had 31 sign on for the 3/4 cat race and 11 sign on for the 1/2 cat race. The racing was excellent and there were no accidents or incidents to report which is excellent for all. The finish line camera worked well and it’s a good job we used it given the battle for 3rd and 4th spot in the first race, even the riders weren’t too sure!

The thanks bit. I did try to get round everyone last night to say thank you, but just in case:
Thanks to Worcester St Johns for promoting the race last night, in particular Tony.
Thanks to the marshals and first aiders.
Thanks to the ladies who dealt with signing on.
Thanks to the venue – amazing facility for the region.
Thanks to Errol for commissairing.
Thanks to the spectators and supporters.
And of course thanks to the riders without whom there would be no race.

The numbers racing last night was a brilliant turnout for the first one but please tell your cycling friends and club members. We were not that far short of a full field in the first race and it would be awesome if we can get a few more in the 1/2 race.

Next week is the Beacon RCC race for 4 Cats only. We are back with the same format as last night in two weeks time. Halesowen A & CC are the club promoting on that night. Look forward to seeing you there.

Whilst there last night I did have some discussion about plans for next year. I will be calling a meeting before the end of the year so that we can look at the plans for 2012. Keep you posted.

Any queries in the meantime then please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Kind regards,
Keith Evans
Regional Events Officer: West Midlands
British Cycling, National Cycling Centre, Stuart Street, Manchester, M11 4DQ
Telephone: +44 (0)161 274 2000 | Mobile: +44 (0)7940 302073
Back to top Go down

Stouport Circuit Races
Page 1 of 1