Redditch Road and Path Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Redditch Road and Path Cycling Club

RR&PCC Forum

HomeHome  RRPCC HomeRRPCC Home  Slipstreamers HomeSlipstreamers Home  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Club membeship / open Time Trials

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon C

Club membeship / open Time Trials Empty
PostSubject: Club membeship / open Time Trials   Club membeship / open Time Trials EmptyWed 23 Jan - 0:58

Just had this query from a prospective member:

do i have to join a cycling club to allow me ride in open timetrials or can i just become a member of the vttc and this will suffice?

thanks

I would hope that he would see wider benifits as reasons for joining the club. However can anyone of you well versed in TT 's answer his query.

Gordon
Back to top Go down
John Exton

PostSubject: Club Members/Vtta   Club membeship / open Time Trials EmptyWed 23 Jan - 3:12

Hi Gordon,
Just been on the North Midlands VTTA webpage and near the top of the page header they are quite specific that you do not have to be a member of a local club to enter VTTA timetrials. But, like yourself I can think of many reasons why it is advantageous to be a member of a local club and for that matter the VTTA as well. My reasoning/argument would apply regardless as to whether or not someone travelled around the country as part of their job.
John Ex
Back to top Go down
John Exton

PostSubject: Club Members/Vtta   Club membeship / open Time Trials EmptyWed 23 Jan - 3:15

Hi Gordon,
Just been on the North Midlands VTTA webpage and near the top of the page header they are quite specific that you do not have to be a member of a local club to enter VTTA timetrials. But, like yourself I can think of many reasons why it is advantageous to be a member of a local club and for that matter the VTTA as well. My reasoning/argument would apply regardless as to whether or not someone travelled around the country as part of their job.
John Ex
Back to top Go down
Gordon C

PostSubject: Re: Club membeship / open Time Trials   Club membeship / open Time Trials EmptyWed 23 Jan - 4:49

Thanks John.......twice!

Gordon
Back to top Go down
paul

PostSubject: Re: Club membeship / open Time Trials   Club membeship / open Time Trials EmptyWed 23 Jan - 7:38

However as far as I know if the chap or chapess wants to ride in a club TT then they would have to be a member of a cycling club and wear their kit. I maybe wrong but I am sure this is what I was told when I started.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bwaltd.co.uk
Fenella

PostSubject: Re: Club membeship / open Time Trials   Club membeship / open Time Trials EmptySat 2 Feb - 9:12

You have to be a member of a club affiliated to the CTT in order to ride an open CTT time trial. The VTTA is an affiliated club, so if he's a member of the VTTA he can ride any open CTT time trial.
For private club time trials I suppose it's up to the club whether they let an independent rider ride their event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club membeship / open Time Trials   Club membeship / open Time Trials Empty

Back to top Go down

Club membeship / open Time Trials
Page 1 of 1